Did you know?
That Elementary School students who journal:
- Have a safe place to develop their writing skills and therefore become more confident writers.
- Develop the skill of expressing a thought in the form of a sentence and in time, they progress to expressing concepts in the form of a paragraph and eventually to writing a story.
- Create a positive writing experience: with freestyle journaling they are writing about their own interests, thoughts and experiences.
That Middle School students who journal:
- Create a place of record for their experiences and therefore areas of uniqueness can be identified and celebrated.
- Experience relief from unpleasant situations without hurting themselves or someone else: both physically or emotionally.
- Become better problem solvers: journaling clears the mind and consequently frees the mind to produce more creative solutions.
That High School students who journal:
- Increase the probability of achieving their goals when they journal both their goals and the progression toward their goals.
- Before bed, journaling creates a calming effect which can lead to improved sleep.
- Improve self-awareness